The Announcement of Ministry of Labor
Date issued: July 8, 2015
Reference no.: Labor fa-guan-zi no. 10405080971
Attachment: 3 issues of the announcement
Subject: The announcement of hiring numbers, application period, application documents and procedures of license issuance for international, overseas Chinese, and other ethnic Chinese oversea students according to accumulated points entered into effect on July 3, 2015
Rationale: Paragraph 2 of Article 5-1 of " The qualifications and examination standards of foreigners engaged in employment specified in Subparagraph 1 to 6 of Paragraph 1 of Article 46 in the Employment Service Act” (hereinafter referred to as the Standard of Review)
1. Application period and permitted number of students:
(1) from July 3 to December 31, 2015, with permitted number of 1,200 students.
(2) from January 1 to December 31, 2016, with permitted number of 2,500 students.
(3) Applicants of Foreign students, overseas Chinese students, and other ethnic Chinese oversea students who have obtained employment permission through the number of commentaries are not included in the numbers of the previous two Articles.
2. Applicable objects:
(A) foreigner qualification: Foreign students, overseas Chinese students, and other ethnic Chinese oversea students who has obtained bachelor degree or higher from Taiwan University
(B) employer conditions: comply with the requirement of job categories specified in Article 4 of Standard of Review.
3. Commentary items, content and level, number of points and required documents: see Attachment.
4. Application methods and processes:
(1) employer shall prepare the application form along with related documents to the Ministry for the approval of hiring license .
(2) accumulated points over 70 points reviewed by the Ministry is qualified to obtain hiring license issued by the Ministry.
5. Guidelines for issuance of hiring license:
(1) the Ministry will successively review the application cases based on the date of acceptance, and will issue the approved hiring licenses in line with the permitted quota; the issuance of hiring license might also available for eligible employers who apply on the quota-over date.
(2) application with insufficient documents shall be supplemented within the prescribed period, or re-apply if overdue. If the number of quota is over during the documents (formal) supplementary period, no hiring license will be issued anymore. In case there is still a demand for hiring license application, it shall be conducted in accordance with provisions stipulated in Standard of Review for hiring foreign professionals.
(3) the issued number of hiring licenses is based on permitted number of people. If an employer terminates the hiring contract earlier, no further license will be available for application; the application of hiring license made by new employers of foreign Chinese students who are eligible for hiring is not included in permitted quota.
(4) permitted hiring period shall not be more than 3 years.
6. Receiving unit and address: The Cross-Border Workforce Affairs Center of Workforce Development Agency, Ministry of Labor. Sending mail or deliver personally: 10th Floor, No. 39, Section 1, Zhonghua Road, Zhongzheng District, Taipei City.
Minister Chen Hsiung-wen